Life’s Financial Journeys
Certain tax-deferred and non-tax-deferred higher education savings options require that the parent choose the investments made with the funds.
Counter to what many people think, the longer the time horizon for a goal, the higher the investment risk that can be accepted. So, just how much risk is appropriate for college savings?
The following resources may assist you in selecting appropriate investments for college savings plans:
Having a Child Tasks
1. Protecting against risk
2. Updating your estate plan
3. Arranging child care
4. Revising your spending plan
5. Saving for your child’s education
Saving for your child’s education Subtasks
1. Determine the cost of higher education today
2. Estimate the cost of higher education in the future
3. Explore tax-deferred college savings plans
4. Select appropriate investments for college savings plans