Life’s Financial Journeys
It may seem impossible to know where or even whether a child may choose to go to college. Yet you cannot plan for something without knowing what it costs today.
Giving some thought to the type of higher education for your child can get you started on planning for the future.
The following resources may assist you in determining the cost of higher education today:
Having a Child Tasks
1. Protecting against risk
2. Updating your estate plan
3. Arranging child care
4. Revising your spending plan
5. Saving for your child’s education
Saving for your child’s education Subtasks
1. Determine the cost of higher education today
2. Estimate the cost of higher education in the future
3. Explore tax-deferred college savings plans
4. Select appropriate investments for college savings plans