Life’s Financial Journeys
Once you know what something costs today it is a relatively easy task to determine its cost in the future.
The key is to estimate the rate of increase in those costs. Armed with that estimate you can use on-line calculator to arrive at a future cost estimate.
The following resources may assist you in estimating the cost of higher education in the future:
Having a Child Tasks
1. Protecting against risk
2. Updating your estate plan
3. Arranging child care
4. Revising your spending plan
5. Saving for your child’s education
Saving for your child’s education Subtasks
1. Determine the cost of higher education today
2. Estimate the cost of higher education in the future
3. Explore tax-deferred college savings plans
4. Select appropriate investments for college savings plans