Life’s Financial Journeys
Arranging child care. “Who should provide day care for my child?”
When having a child parents often want the option, or out of economic necessity must choose, to use an outside provider for the care of the child while a parent works. This is often a very difficult decision for parents as they are often entrusting care of their child to someone unrelated.
Once parents’ have decided that an outside provider is right for their family, an important consideration in choosing the right option is child care cost. A big question is what level of service do you receive for the child care cost charged?
The following subtasks may assist you in arranging child care. You will find detailed resources for these subtasks under the links in the right column of this page.
Subtask 1: Consider grandparents or other family members for your child care
Subtask 2: Select a professional childcare provider
Subtask 3: Know your rights in regards to obtaining childcare
Subtask 4: Understand the tax impacts of child care expenses
Having a Child Tasks
1. Protecting against risk
2. Updating your estate plan
3. Arranging child care
4. Revising your spending plan
5. Saving for your child’s education
Arranging child care Subtasks
1. Consider grandparents or other family members for your child care
2. Select a professional child care provider
3. Know your rights in regards to obtaining child care
4. Understand the tax impacts of child care expenses