Life’s Financial Journeys
Heading Off to College
Getting Out on Your Own
Blending Two Lives
Having a Child
Emptying the Nest
Death of a Life Partner
Medicare consists of Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D. Part A is for Hospital Insurance, Part B is for Medical Insurance and Part D is the Prescription drug plan.
Part C is referred to as the Medicare Advantage plan and provides similar coverage as Medicare. These plans are required to offer coverage that meets or exceeds the standards set by the Medicare plans. The coverage is provided through private insurers.
For most, the government pays the Part A premium and deducts the Part B and Part D premiums from you Social Security payments.
Entering Retirement Tasks
1. Selecting your retirement lifestyle
2. Estimating your monthly retirement income
3. Setting up your spending plan
4. Enrolling in Social Security and Medicare
5. Managing taxes during retirement
Enrolling in Social Security and Medicare Subtasks
1. Decide when to take Social Security
2. Manage spousal Social Security benefits
3. Enroll in Medicare
4. Consider Medicare supplemental (Medigap) policy