Life’s Financial Journeys
Heading Off to College
Getting Out on Your Own
Blending Two Lives
Having a Child
Emptying the Nest
Death of a Life Partner
Working 30 or more years to finally reach “retirement” is a wonderful experience. What will you retire “to”? Deciding what you want to do during retirement is an important question.
The freedom from “work” can quickly lead to a loss of identity, a loss of focus and for couples the need to establish new boundaries.
By thinking through the process you can assure a more fulfilled, enjoyable retirement while rediscovering yourself and having some fun.
The following subtasks may assist you in selecting your retirement lifestyle. You will find detailed resources for these subtasks under the links in the right column of this page.
Subtask 1: Volunteer and help others
Subtask 2: Work during retirement
Subtask 3: Manage Grandma and Grandpa’s day care
Subtask 4: Enjoy travel
Entering Retirement Tasks
1. Selecting your retirement lifestyle
2. Estimating your monthly retirement income
3. Setting up your spending plan
4. Enrolling in Social Security and Medicare
5. Managing taxes during retirement
Selecting your retirement lifestyle Subtasks
1. Volunteer and help others
2. Work during retirement
3. Manage Grandma and Grandpa’s day care
4. Enjoy travel