Life’s Financial Journeys
Heading Off to College
Getting Out on Your Own
Blending Two Lives
Having a Child
Emptying the Nest
Death of a Life Partner
Retirement means different things to different people; peace, tranquility, family, relationships, hobbies, and travel often come to mind. But many people look forward to retirement with fear, uncertainty and frustration.
Decisions you make today can assure that your retirement does not have unpleasant financial surprises.
A number of tasks can help you go through the transition from work life to retirement. These include:
Entering Retirement Tasks
1. Selecting your retirement lifestyle
2. Estimating your monthly retirement income
3. Setting up your spending plan
4. Enrolling in Social Security and Medicare
5. Managing taxes during retirement